The Tabor Public Library will, within our economic constraints, provide and organized collection of popular library materials for the citizens of our community. The library will also encourage pre-schoolers and youth to read and develop skills to pursue lifelong learning.
1. The Tabor Public Library will, follow state and local laws as they may apply, provide informational and recreational material to community members.
2. We will provide programs directed to the youth of our community i.e. summer reading program and story time for pre-schoolers.
3. We will maintain a positive relationship with our community, other libraries and our public school.
4. We will cooperate and participate in interlibrary loan systems.
5. We will provide a friendly, helpful and relaxed atmosphere in which the public may use our services.
Tabor reflects the general small town-rural scene struggling to maintain population, services, and financial means.
Tabor Public Library's primary focus is to circulate books and materials for leisure reading and personal information needs within our physical and financial means.
Adopted by the Tabor Public Library Trustees
May 25, 2000