About Your Library Card
- Who is eligible to get a library card: Residents of Tabor, Thurman Fremont and Mills County. Children may have their own library card the summer before they enter kindergarten. Non-Iowa residents are ineligible. Exceptions may be made by the library director for non-residents working in Iowa.
- Parental Consent: A Parent or legal guardian's signature is required for anyone under the age of 14 or without government issued identification.
- How a person applies for a card: A library card registration form must be filled out and signed by the borrower. Individuals must present proper identification and proof of current address. Cards are valid for three years and are renewable.
- Open-Access Applicants: Any resident of Iowa who has a library card in their home town library is eligible for a Tabor Public Library card.
How to Use Your Library Card
- Checking out books and other materials: Items may be checked out at either circulation desk on your own card if it is free and clear of fines. Patrons having their own card or those eligible to have their own card are not permitted to use another person's library card.
- Returning items: Items can be returned at either circulation desk or in either of the library book returns on the front of the building next to the front doors or inside the building at the circ. desk.
- Renewing items: Items can be renewed by phone, online or in person if the item doesn't have a reserve list. We also offer automatic renewal via text or email.
- Overdue Items / Fines: If an item is overdue, you will be phoned, emailed or texted a reminder.
- Reserving an item: Items can be reserved online, by phone, e-mail, or in person.
- Loan limits: Most items are loaned for 2 weeks; exceptions: DVDs and periodicals are 1 week and special collections are noted on each item.